Monday, February 8, 2016

American Girl Books: Lea Leads the Way


I have been sick with a fever, but luckily I went ot the library yesterday so I had a good book to read. My library didn't have the first book, but they had the second Lea book, Lea Leads the Way. I know some people buy the doll without reading the book, but I have to read the books first.

Lea and her older brother, Zac, visit his host family in Brazil. At first, Lea feels like an outsider because she is the only one that lacks the knowledge of the rainforest. She is frustrated she can't find any animals. She and Zac go on a hike and find an injured baby sloth on the way. But what do they with the baby sloth? You'll have to read the book and find out!

I enjoyed Lea's book a lot. It had a good message about saving the rainforest. There is a specific scene where she fails to respect the rain forest, but her response shows great maturity. I thought this represented someone in 5th grade well. Lea's books are well written. I'm still upset AG doesn't illustrate their books anymore; I really liked using them as outfit inspirations and as a kid I lovedlooking at the illustrations. I thought Lea was kind of similar to Kanani-- but I doubt most of the target age group remembers Kanani. Crazy to think that was 6 years ago!

Have you read either of the Lea books? What did you think of her?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Make sure all comments are kind and respectful to all people.

Can't wait to see what you have to say!